|1. The Hirer must be 21 years of age or over.
2. The Hirer must be present in the Community Centre during the period of hire and ensure that these conditions are complied with. If the Hirer is absent from the function, a responsible adult must be nominated in his or her place and stated on the booking form
3. Hiring is subject to the premises being available and the type of function to be held is subject to approval by the Gloucestershire Deaf Association.
4. Access to the premises before the event is always arranged with the Centre staff. The premises must not be vacated until a member of staff is available to secure the building after the event.
5. Charges include: use of toilets, tables, chairs, lighting and heating. When you are using the kitchen facilities, cutlery and crockery is available for your use, but any breakages must be paid for. The Hirer must supply own tea, coffee, milk, biscuits, etc.
6. The Hydroboil (water heater) should be switched on about 30 minutes before use and switched off again after use.
7. Emergency exits should be kept clear at all times. Interior fire doors should not be wedged open and fire extinguishers should not be removed.
8. The first aid box is green with a white cross and is situated in the kitchen. All accidents must be reported in the accident book and any item taken from the first aid box must be written on the list as it is a legal requirement for the box to be kept full.
9. For the safety of all users and to comply with the Fire Authority recommendations and the Public Entertainment's Licence, the maximum capacity for the main hall is 100 people and in both Westgate Lounge and The Ruby Room 40 people.
10. The use of nails, screws, sellotape, masking tape, blue tac and similar substances to fix notices and decorations is strictly prohibited.
11. The car park is for use of members and persons using the premises in connection with a function or activity on the Community Centre Premises. GDA will not be liable for any damage, loss or theft to any vehicle parked on these premises.
12. Please ensure that all lights are switched off, windows closed, kitchen made safe, the water heater switched off and doors locked after use. No matches to be emptied into the plastic bin.
13. The Hirer is expected to clean the kitchen after use, sweep the hall floor, mop up any spillage using the appropriate mop, (see notice in kitchen) and empty all dustbins in the hall and kitchen. Failure to do so will result in your deposit not being refunded.
14. The kitchen area is strictly for the use of catering staff and any thoroughfare is prohibited.
15. Children, animals and non-catering personnel are prohibited from the kitchen area.
16. There will be a minimum charge of £5.00 for any breakages.
17. Please note Smoking is prohibited inside any part of the building.
18. Gloucestershire Deaf Association will not be liable for injury to person(s) or for loss or damage to property brought into the Community Centre by the Hirer.
19. The Hirer is entitled to use only the rooms booked. If other rooms and facilities are used, they will be charged for accordingly.
20. All bookings must be confirmed in writing. An invoice will be sent for the hire of facilities. In the event of cancellation, you are asked to notify us in writing. Gloucestershire Deaf Association reserves the right to apply the following cancellation charges:
|Less than 24 hours' notice
|| Between 1 and 2 weeks' notice
|Between 24 hours and 1 week's notice
|| Between 2 weeks' and 1 month's notice
21. All cheques relating to hiring of Gloucestershire Deaf Community Centre should be made payable to: Gloucestershire Deaf Association.
22. The GDA office is open on the following days and at the following times:
|Monday to Thursday
||9.00am - 5.00pm
||9.00am - 4.00pm
|During Office Hours
||If the Hirer leaves the building during lunchtimes or leaves earlier than booked, please inform the GDA office staff at the front of the building.
|Outside Office Hours
|| Please do not leave the building until a member of staff arrives to secure the premises.
24. Fire Safety
It is the responsibility of the person who is hiring the centre to inform the group about the location of fire extinguishers. In the event of a fire, please follow the procedures as set out in the full information pack that is provided to all Hirers.