As a user-led organisation, Gloucestershire Deaf Association (GDA) understands the need for communications support of the highest quality. At our governance meetings (see picture), we use BSL interpreters, a speech to text operator, as well as a hearing loop, so whatever level of hearing loss our trustees have, they can rely on the fullest support.
Our Communications Support Unit manages over 40 BSL interpreters, speech to text operators and other communication support workers, and we ensure for every appointment - whether medical, employment, legal or educational - our representative will be fully qualified for their role. We use only registered communication professionals.
Just as important, as a non-profit making organisation, GDA is competitively priced. In fact, we are pretty sure we may be the most competitively priced communications support unit covering Gloucestershire and Wiltshire.
Among the authorities that use GDA's Communications Support Unit are NHS Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire County Council and Wiltshire Council.
Here's what we can provide:
- British Sign Languge (BSL) Interpreters
- Communication Support Workers
- Deaf Blind Interpreters
- Electronic Notetakers
- Speech to Text Operators
We can cover all instances where communication services are required, such as:
- Medical settings, including GP and hospital appointments
- Legal situations, including Police interviews and court appearances
- Employment settings, including job interviews, staff meetings, training sessions and annual appraisals.
- Education settings, including parent evenings and university lectures.
To book an Interpreter, Electronic Notetaker or Lipspeaker, please use our Communications Support booking form.
Of if you prefer contact Lyn Camp, our Communications Support Unit manager, for more information and to find out more.
Telephone: 01452 372999